Saturday, October 17, 2009

Good Luck, Mrs. Thorson!

     Stephanie Thorson, our assistant principal, is a dynamic educator who has impacted the students, faculty and community of Owens Cross Roads. Her knowledge of technology and innovative educational practices are simply "top notch."  However, she has often laughed with me as we have joked that I recommended her to be our assistant principal because of her social graces or if you will our "social butterfly."  If the truth be told, she does indeed have more social graces than I and she certainly has an extremely positive and caring outlook on life. However, she has contributed much more than I can express. As principal, I could have not have asked for a better assistant principal.  She not only has contributed much to the students, faculty and parents but she has been has been a great role model for me as principal.  It has been a pleasure working with Stephanie. 
     It is with a saddened heart that I share with everyone that she has accepted a position in a field outside of education. Her new career will allow her more time to spend with her beautiful little girls. I believe most educators decide to go into education because of children. Once we have our own we know time is so precious.  No one at OCR School begrudges Stephanie for making a choice which is better for her family but we must admit we will certainly miss her. 
    Thank you Stephanie for everything from sharing your knowledge of technology to helping us create a caring climate. I know I can state whole heartedly not only will I miss our assistant principal but I will miss my friend.  Best wishes, Stephanie!

No comments:

Post a Comment